Monday, February 9, 2009

Winter Not Quite Into Spring

I hope George Winston doesn't mind me paraphrasing on one of his record titles, but I'm guessing the groundhog was correct this year. I was in Vermont with friends this weekend. Twenty years ago I would have been on the slopes of Killington but my skiing days are behind me. So it was a more relaxed weekend of food, movies and friends by the fireplace.

The covered bridge is in the town of Quechee, Vermont. It spans the Ottauquechee River. I took this photo at the Simon Pearce Glass and Pottery store looking down stream. If you click on the link I believe I was standing under the brick arch in the center of the photo.

We watched The Court Jester which has one of the funniest bits ever filmed.

It is beautiful in Vermont in any season. But I'm ready for spring.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Aw come on...don't be a sissy. You can handle a little snow. And it's the Ottauquechee River....flows from Killington Peak about 40 miles to the Connecticut in NH. Get it? Got it. Good.

Mwah!

Steve Rogg said...

Thanks my map didn't have the name of the river. But I'm still ready for spring.

Like Jimmy said in Boat Drinks, I shot 6 holes in my freezer I think I have cabin fever. I need to go where it's warm.

Steve Gravano said...

Well, whatever the name of the river it's a nice photograph.

Sharon Kugler said...

Yeah, nice photo!
But are you sure it isn't the cabin fever that makes you like Danny Kaye in gold lame tights? I'm just sayin'.

Steve Rogg said...

I'm a sucker for tights, but I also enjoy those low cut dresses the ladies almost fall out of in those movies.