Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin RIP 1937-2008



The ironical thing that occurred to me this morning when I read George Carlin had died on Sunday was I had his album "Class Clown" in my hand less than a week ago. My brother-in-law had built a cabinet for me to house my 600+ LP's and I was putting the LP's in it after I painted it. Now I was just putting them away in no order and just grabbing them from the stack leaning against the wall, glad to get my floor space back. But then I had "Class Clown" in my hand and stopped and looked at it. I thought to myself you need to listen to this one soon. Now George is gone, but I still have his essence.

The LP is an original 1972 copy on Little David Records number LD1004 with the code 0598 on the edge which was the suggested retail price. I'm sure I got it on sale for $3.99.

On the original artwork printed on the cover to look like a sticker it says:Warning: This Record Contains "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television." Hearing It Could Infect Your Mind, Curve Your Spine And Lose The War for The Allies.

Priceless stuff. And people ask me why after all these years and moves around the country I still have my LP's. There's your answer.

Classic Stuff

But George kept up with the times as well, here is a current stand up.

No comments: