Monday, June 23, 2008

Catching up with June

I find it hard to believe June 2008 is almost in the history book. I've been on the run most of the month. I started out on June 9th at Yankee Stadium where I met my old childhood friend Ron Marino. It has been about 25 years since we saw each other but after about 3 minutes it felt like it was just yesterday.



This was my first trip back to New York in about 15 years. The subways were still in the same place and I found my away around without a hitch. It is fun to be back in the city and feel the pulse of the street. I took the Amtrak train down from MA. I'm sure the people that were in my car on the return trip were envious of me as I ate my roast beef sandwich from the Carnegie Deli.

Then the rest of the week I was back in Alabama for work. See here for my post about Alabama.

When I returned from Alabama I had to start preparing for a co-workers wedding which I had to fed about 100 people. The wedding was June 21 and it went pretty well. Everyone loved my food and I dodged a bullet by checking one of the ovens after 30 minutes to make sure it was still on-it wasn't.

But I will tell you it was really tough moving on Sunday after being on my feet 12 hours in a kitchen Satarday. My brain says I can do these things but my 50 year old body has another opinion.

I hope July moves a little slower.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Glad the wedding was a success! Still think you should have a catering business......

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you Sherry. He should go into catering! I'm the co-worker who got married that Steve cooked for and let me tell you....the food was AWESOME! Everyone commented how good it was. I can't thank Steve enough for all that he did. My appreciatation goes beyond words. Steve is a true delight to know and it's a great pleasure and honor to work with him.
-Meg