Friday, February 15, 2008

Big Trucks




Here are a few photos from "The Party in the Pits" from the Monster Jam show. This the the fourth show we have had the good fortune to witness. Big, colorful, loud trucks crashing cars and flying in the air. What more could you ask for. I have to give kudos to Live Nation the company that runs Monster Jam and to the drivers. In this day of ridiculously high admission prices to major sporting events, Monster Jam remains a true value. Five dollars for kids under 12, pretty good for a couple of hours of entertainment. Sure there is the shirts and hats and year books to buy but you can not get into a movie for five dollars.

The drivers are very good with the kids also. Signing yearbooks, taking photos and talking to all their fans at the party in the pits before one show at each venue they appear at. The prima donnas in the NFL, MLB, NBA need to take some lessons.

After we returned to our seats we had time to get some lunch before the show started. Typical arena fare with no place to put anything except your lap. Which was the reason I used a one time use camera for these photos. I didn't want to juggle the SLR, lunch, etc. Get a small digital I hear you saying into your computer screen as you read this. Some day I'll get there. I'll have to bug Neil again for his expert advise on my saunter down the digital path.

Back to lunch. I made a point to tell Noah let's tuck a napkin in your new Graver Digger shirt so you don't get any honey mustard on your shirt. He's all set enjoying his lunch not a drop on his shirt. I take the first bite of my hamburger and deposit a perfect red bull's eye of ketchup on my shirt. As I'm cleaning up my shirt all I can think is how did Ward Cleaver always have a perfectly pressed suit?

2 comments:

Sharon Kugler said...

Great post! I loved the colorfulness of the photos and I learned something about truck shows. Plus, you're funny!

Sherry said...

I think I have to get one of those monster trucks for Vermont! So glad you and Noah are having fun...