Saturday, February 23, 2008

Forgot my banjo

Back from a business trip to Alabama and we had the extra enjoyment of landing in a snow storm Friday. My flights were on time and not canceled so I consider myself very lucky. It did take about the same time to drive home from the airport as it did to fly from Baltimore to Manchester, NH. So after 4 days on the road and arriving home at dinner time the only thing to do was stop for Chinese take out.

The folks in the south are always fun to be around. I feel comfortable when I'm in the south. When we finished our inventory work for the day on Wednesday I proclaimed " Stick the fork in Mildred it's done". One of the gentleman I was working with who knew I was from MA said "You must have been born in the south". To which I replied "Nope, I was born in New York", and we had a good laugh. I agree with the Phil Harris song "That's What I Like About The South"

As I was digging out my vehicles this morning, from the blanket of snow that covered them, my thoughts returned to Dreamland's ribs, red maples blooming, fried chicken, and 68 degrees.

Roll Tide

Come on spring

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I can't comment on 'bama as I've never been (and nobody is likely to invite me.) But I am glad to hear that you used the Manchester airport as I know it's a far superior experience to Logan.

As for me, I don't complain about the snow...I got caught on the wrong side of the storm this weekend and *didn't* make it up to Vermont...bummer....All the doodah day.