Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jumping in with both feet.

Here we go in the blog world. What's another babbling fool going to hurt? As for the title, TR is a bigger than life figure to me. We share a birthday. Reading about his love for the outdoors helped guide me to attend forestry college and obtain a BS in Forestry. Just one look at our choices for the highest office in the land and I yearn for TR's character, spunk, and his belief in doing the right thing even if it was not the most popular thing. So with that said what really pushed me into starting this little journey was how I spend last weekend.

I picked up my nine year old son, Noah, on Saturday morning and drove to the Hartford Civic Center (now named the XL Center, which since I'm out of the loop on current marketing have no idea what XL is except the size of shirts that I wear) to watch one of life's simply pleasures. A Monster Truck show! What's not to like 1500 horsepower trucks with 5' tall wheels and no mufflers. We had a ball. I'll post some photos as soon as I get the film developed. Yes I still shoot film.

Now most of you are thinking why would that get anyone starting into the blog world. Ah there's Sunday.

Noah sings in the Choir at St Michael's Cathedral in Springfield, MA and Sunday he was singing at the Diocese of Springfield's Rite of Election. Which I learned is a ceremony that people wanting to join the Church must go through before becoming members. This takes the place of the normal way of your parents having you baptized etc. The choir sounded great and sang an African-American Spiritual which remained me of driving by Baptist churches in Georgia.

As I was sitting there it hit me, Saturday Monster Trucks and Sunday Rite of Election ceremony. From Grave Digger to Cathedral in 24 hours. What a long strange trip it's been.....

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Bully! I'm sure you'll love blogging and I'll add you to the list of feeds I follow. This is much cheaper than therapy, I assure you.