Friday, November 21, 2008

Who forgot to throw a log on the fire?

I returned home today after a four day business trip to Alabama and all I can say is I miss the warm weather already. It was chilly in the mornings in Alabama but the sun did its' job, and by the afternoon it was very pleasant.

The folks in Alabama are very happy with the their football team currently ranked number one in the nation.

On this trip our task was to take a physical inventory of lumber and plywood at an off site location for my company. Lumber and plywood is never easy to count because of the size of it. But it is one of those tasks that must be done. It kind of reminds me of what Rumpole used to say about his wife, "She who must be obeyed."

But in these tough times in the lumber business, I'm glad to still be needed to go count wood and that we have wood to count.

No comments: